Help for English

busybody, armchair critic

Ako by sa dalo ešte lepši/inak preložiť BUSYBODY a ARMCHAIR CRITIC

Mňa napadlo len :

Busybody = zvedavec
Armchair critic = kritik od zeleného stola

Zdravím, asi tu budou lepší odpovědi, ale.. Já slyšela jednu zpěvačku mluvit o tzv. “couch critics”, nicméně Google to nějak nezná..ale slyšela jsem to z živého rozhovoru..

U toho druhého jsem našla Nosey Parker…:)

Hi Adriana/Eva, a busybody and a nosey Parker like to know everything that is going on, they are very curious people to the point of being annoying to others. An armchair critic is different. That is what we probably all are from time to time when we voice our opinions about what others are doing (For example when watching tv talent shows). Another nice expression for you might be ' a back seat driver' the term meaning to give advice to the driver of the car in which you are travelling as a passenger.

Odkaz na příspěvek Příspěvek od Richard Hill vložený před 7 lety

Hi Adriana/Eva, a busybody and a nosey Parker like to know everything that is going on, they are very curious people to the point of being annoying to others. An armchair critic is different. That is what we probably all are from time to time when we voice our opinions about what others are doing (For example when watching tv talent shows). Another nice expression for you might be ' a back seat driver' the term meaning to give advice to the driver of the car in which you are travelling as a passenger.

Thank you very much Richard. I was just trying to find the best word in Slovak for this two English expressions than the above mentioned. But now, if I am sure, what exactly do they mean, I don´t need it more.

Muj radost. :-)

Příspěvky mohou přidávat pouze přihlášení uživatelé. Pokud máte účet můžete se přihlásit.

Příspěvky v diskusi jsou majetkem jejich autorů. Provozovatel webových stránek Help For English za ně nenese zodpovědnost.