Help for English

Korektura

Dobrý den, chtěl bych někoho kompetentního požádat o korekturu následujících pár řádků z úvodu bakalářky.

Semantic differences (nebo snad Differences in meaning?) in ways of referring to the future depending on how the speaker/writer sees the future event. Because I want to find out how the use of several English forms indicating the future differs from the Czech language in oder to help my reader understand better how the system of English grammatical tenses and syntactic structures which are designated for expressing the future works/functions.

Děkuju! =)

To je jen anotace nebo přímo úvod práce? Přijde mi, že věty na sebe nenavazují. V akademickém stylu mi přijde nešikovné začínat souvětí because. Poslední souvětí je příliš dlouhé a nepřehledné, zejména vztažná věta a pak sloveso až na úplném konci – to je taková trochu německá konstrukce.

Naším úkolem bylo toto (zodpovědět následující otázky):

Step 1: Name Your Topic

I am trying to learn about/ work on/ study _____________­_______________.

(Fill in the blank with your topic.)

Step 2: Add an Indirect Question

2. Because I want to find out who/what/when­/where/whether/why/how_­____________.

(Fill in the second blank with an indirect question that indicates what you do not know or understand about your topic.)

Step 3: Answer “So What?”

3. In order to help my readers understand how, why, or whether_________­_________.

(Fill in the third blank with another indirect question that explains why you asked your first question. This explains how this question might interest not just you but others, the significance of the proposed research.)

Odpověděla jsem na ně takto:

1. I am trying to deal with semantic differences (differences in meaning) in ways of referring to the future depending on how the speaker/writer sees the future event

2. because I want to find out how the use of several English forms indicating the future differs from the Czech language

3. in oder to help my reader understand better how the system of English grammatical tenses and syntactic structures, which are designated for expressing the future, works and functions.

Jen jsem se chtěl ujistit ohledně správnosti. =)

Tak v tomto kontextu už to vypadá lépe:
ad 1 V zásadě v pořádku. Podle mě musí být … in ways of referring to a future event

ad 2 v pořádku

ad 3 přeformuloval bych, ať není sloveso až takhle odtržené.

Děkuju moc. =)

V odborném textu bych klidně nechal semantic differences. pokud nemáte omezení třeba počtem slov, máte možnost napsat:
I am trying to deal with semantic differences, that is differences in meaning, …

pro bod 3 bych si představoval něco „kondenzovaněj­šího“. Věta s WHICH mi do „hutného“ odborného textu moc nezapadá.

… in order to help my reader better understand the function and usage of English grammatical tenses and syntactic structures used for expressing the future.

Ještě se zeptám odkud pochází ta kostra s otázkami. Třeba I am trying to bych asi na začátek práce asi nepsal. Trying to má význam snažím se, ale potýkám se s těžkostmi.
Nás vždy učili, že by měl být úvod neosobní a neutrální.
This study / thesis deals with …

Tohle bylo vytvořeno jen spíš jako pomůcka pro studenty, aby byly schopni vytvořit si vlastně představu, o čem budou psát a proč. =) Každopádně moc děkuju!

M.

Příspěvky mohou přidávat pouze přihlášení uživatelé. Pokud máte účet můžete se přihlásit.

Příspěvky v diskusi jsou majetkem jejich autorů. Provozovatel webových stránek Help For English za ně nenese zodpovědnost.