Help for English

What's your favorite TV series?

I'm sorry for misleading you. I didn't mean to boast or anything like that. It simply crossed my mind so I used it.. :oops:

It's great to see somebody who got such words crossing their mind.
Good for you.
As for myself, I also like using kinda noble words, sounding charming.

sounding noble or charming can be fun, but as marek pointed out, what really matters is sounding natural. i guess i have never heard anyone use the word jocular in any tv show, so i guess it really isn't natural :-) …

Actually, I would be grateful if you could recommend me some tv shows – I have heard of some very pupular, but cannot recollect their names any more + if you could write me where your „good friends“ get them for you I would be electroincally grateful {in case of feeling endangered by some watchful lawyer – you could make use of my e-mail).

You can just read this discussion or have a look here:
http://www.helpforenglish.cz/cz/forum/?…

If you skim through this thread you will notice my ratings of that ‚70s show and freaks and geeks. by the looks of the ratings you can decide whether they‘re worth watching or not. And if you're not satisfied with my recommendation there are plenty of other people's ratings of miscellaneous shows. I'm not that conscious of tv shows, there are plenty of people who could provide you with better hints on what to watch.

Actually, what I am realy up to are night shows/late night shows – something in Kraus's Uvolněte se prosím style. Or to be more precise in shows that inspired Kraus :-D

Blandik – i guess you know these?
Late Show with David Letterman
Late Night with Conan O'Brien
Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson

mew- thank you. Now i should just somehow find out where to get them. Does anybody know if i can watch some english/american tv via internet without paying? I am not really into IT stuff, so i guess this is a very primitive answer for most of you, but of significant importance for me :oops:

Blandik – you can watch some of these shows on youtube or download it via torrent downloader. i don't know about anything else.

I'm going to be watching Midsomer Murders in English with English subtitles this afternoon. Have you ever seen this „Whodunnit“?

I'm watching HEROES, Season 3 right now (tonight I'm watching episode 15). Well, I didn't like the second season very much and I thought I wouldn't watch season 3 at all… but then, after it had been sitting on my shelf for like 6 months I decided to give it a try… and it's not that bad. Not bad at all.

Yeah, Season 3 was pretty much ok. I even enjoyed the second season but the last one was a disaster, at least the beginning. The finale was awesome.

I was watching Gossip Girl, Season 3 till 2 a.m. :) Watched 7 episodes in a row.
[h5]A little spoiler
I hate it that the producers did it again (same as in the O.C.). Someone had to be shot :) However, he's unlikely to die.[/h5]

Gossip Girl, Season 3, 10/10

McKay: No surprise. Sooner or later, someone's GOT to be shot. I'll wait a few months for GG3, it's still too expensive. But I'm looking forward to it, though.

Příspěvky mohou přidávat pouze přihlášení uživatelé. Pokud máte účet můžete se přihlásit.

Příspěvky v diskusi jsou majetkem jejich autorů. Provozovatel webových stránek Help For English za ně nenese zodpovědnost.