Help for English

What's your favorite movie?

I guess the only possibility to see Avatar in English is somewhere abroad. They say it's impossible to infiltrate subtitles into 3D projection.

Too bad…

I heard thah original version in English (2D) is better than czech 3D version!

Go figure…

I highly doubt that. The reason why this movie is worth seeing is the 3D, not the sound (of course, in English it would be better). :-)

Wow, just found out they show AVATAR in English in Palace Cinemas in PRAGUE!!!

3D?

Sure. I'm going sometime this week.

in 3D, no subtitles.

Yes, she is very lovely, and her problems with nut :-D :-D :-D :-D

I have noticed a lot of people find Czech interpretation of English movies quite bad, dull. I cannot help it, but as for me, it is really good.
to Marek: Why do you think you could not stand it?

Lately, I have seen a couple of great movies. Law abiding citizen, Avatar, The Illuzionist, The Dark Knight. Lately I mean 2 months.
All of them are definitely worth seeing. For more check csfd.cz :-)
If possible, watch them in HD. Highly addictive.

It's always just an interpretation. And if I can have the real thing, why would I go for the interpretation?

If you can see the real band play live (like R.E.M. or U2), why would you choose a revival band instead?

But it's probably just me. Don't mind me.

I figure I have found the hitch. I still feel more comfortable with watching a Czech movie. I like it when I can enjoy great complex dialogs, enjoy little things. That's it, I have to try more, when I watch movie just in English.
I know it doesn't concern you :-)
I must learn more

As for the interpretations, I keep trying to convince my parents to watch comedy movies with me in English and Czech subs but they say they „cannot focus on the movie while reading subtitles“. However, they have no problem with watching any action/drama/thri­ller movie in English. I don't get them because they both want to learn English. My dad even regularly visits HFE. I think that if they want to learn English effectively, they should take every chance to be in an English-speaking environment. I always tell them that e.g. in Scandinavia they have no dubbing and most of people there have perfect English. I always get something like „Oh, poor Scandinavians, they have to read subs all the time“ answer.

Příspěvky mohou přidávat pouze přihlášení uživatelé. Pokud máte účet můžete se přihlásit.

Příspěvky v diskusi jsou majetkem jejich autorů. Provozovatel webových stránek Help For English za ně nenese zodpovědnost.