Help for English

What's your favorite movie?

As far as English in our family is concerned, my parents think just inside the box. Old conservationists :-). Nonetheless, I don't mind them. I prefer sprawling on my sofa in front of a 24screen :-) to sitting in the living room with my parents

Czech films in Czech, that's something completely different. You can enjoy the language, it's real, it's natural.

But dubbing? There's nothing real or natural about it. Last night I saw about a minute of Californication… a show where I just LOVED the dialogues. The Czech version just took it all away.

Some people say that they like some shows better in Czech, like Simpsons or Friends… but that's usually only because they already got used to the Czech voices. There's nothing like that REAL THING!

Well, speaking of czech voices in english movies, then yeah, it sucks. But, for example, I saw a short footage of a movie with Louis de Funes and I gotta say that czech version is much better than the native one. Really. :) So it kinda depends. But what really makes ma angry is that at cinemas, sometimes, we dont have a choice and we have to listen to dubbed versions because theres simply not the original version on air… terrible… argh! :-)

Last week I saw an incredible Asian movie called A moment to remember. At first I was kinda skeptical what to expect from an Asian romantic movie. However, the csfd rating did its justice. When I had devoured the last bit of this movie, I gazed at the screen for 10minutes not believing how good it was.
I have never seen such a deeply-moving story.
All 10 up

hi i am here the new so sorry about my faults..because i learn Germany language too and after i am a little confused..my favourite movie have i more..for example.City of Angels,Man on Fire or 300..i like very older horrors movies..from the 80,s,90,s year­s..and comedy too.

Hi,
Have you already seen the new movie about Sherlock Holmes? Actually I am not keen to watch movies but I use them explicitly and mainly for the purpose of improving my English understanding. For this reason I watch each of them several times and I have noticed that much of them contain some negligible details that are understandable or noticeable mostly at second or third sigt. This way of watching movies is quite interesting.
Is there anyone having similar experience?

Well, I do not that the way you do. You know I find it to be just a problem of insufficient English for comprehensive understanding. Nonetheless, I see your point. When watching a movie, I also don not understand everything. But watching it again, it would not be that enjoyable for me. I prefer to watch another piece of English.
The more you are in touch with English, the more you understand.
Keep on learning

Hi! :-) I have seen many movies which I like but if I would choose my the best favourite movies so maybe these movies I really like: Raise your voice, Walk to Remember, Dear John and also movie The Notebook..because this movies have a great and interesting contents. So I love them! (and I am sorry for my mistakes in my English)

My favourite movies are Taken, Eden Lake, Klass, The Bourne series, Running scared and many more I can't remember right now :-)

to JustMajka, Pride: Did you see all the movies stated in English? Because when it comes to watching movies, I am still more into Czech ones. I just don't have to focus so much, think so much, I can just let my mind enjoy the movie. On the other hand, speaking of serials, I watch them just in English. Since they are generally easier to understand, last but not least to boost my English :-)

Taken, The Bourne Supremacy, The Bourne's Ultimatum and Running scared I saw I in English.

Some movies are quite badly dubbed in Czech, so I think I'm better off watching them in the original language. I even saw the film Klass in the original language (I think it was Estonian or something like that), with subtitles it's not a problem.

I´ve seen a lot of great movies and those are my favourites as well. I cant exactly say which of them is my favourite one, but if i´d have to choose one, i would probably choose The Shawshank Redemption, Green Mile or Gran Torino

I have watched a film recently. It´s name is The Godfather. It is great film with a lot of romantic period and fights too.
The film is appreciated like the second best film all the time according to fans of films. ( the first film is The Shawshank Redemption )
The Godfather is film about Italian mafia. The film especially takes place in New York and in Sicily on 20th century. ( because main actors were born in Sicily and the film shows sicilian culture and sicilian thinking.

When I need rest usually watch movie like While you were sleeping /with Sandra Bullock/ or Sense and Sensibility /with Kate Winslet/ or You've got a mail /with Meg Ryan/ and this kind of films where must be happy end. My friend told me they are women's film. He is right because I have never heard about man who likes this films. But I also like Forest Gump it's one of my favourite movies or sometimes I watch sci-fi like Independence day. I saw really very funny comedy with Jack Black named Nacho Libre last month and I decided to buy this dvd. There is very easy english and I understood everything /but he speaks with little spanish accent/. It's about monk and his duty is cooking for orphans but he doesn't have enought money for tasty food then he decide to be a wrestler for money. Also he will fall in love with new nun. Of couse, there will be happy end…

Yes, I like Forest Gump too. And the beautiful happy end is in film : Scent of a woman. The film, where Al Pacino playes title role. Al Pacino was appreciated Oscar prize by the role. He is absolutely gorgeous. He playes as blind man, which he want to end his life. Al Pacino is the best actor for me. Becouse he is big character.

Příspěvky mohou přidávat pouze přihlášení uživatelé. Pokud máte účet můžete se přihlásit.

Příspěvky v diskusi jsou majetkem jejich autorů. Provozovatel webových stránek Help For English za ně nenese zodpovědnost.