Help for English

How long have you been studying English?

Write how long have you been studying English and on what norm have you in English? 8-)

I've been studying for about 10 years and in the past few years I've been getting the best training I can get. I don't fully understand the second part of your question.

So have I. Nor do I. :-)

I started to learn English in 1994 at High school. After three years I knew nothing but the alphabet. Then I enrolled (by my mistake) to advanced English course at the University. I knew just a little but worked hard. After another three years I understood well just writing and speaking wasn’t so great. Next three years I started forgetting English in my first job. I wasn’t happy with it so next year I attended a course focused on FCE. Although I didn’t want to pass the exam, just didn’t know what level I would choose. I knew everything but nothing well. This gave me a lot, mainly speaking get better. I repeated all together and made big progress. I guess as I get good job where active English was required. Next two years I was in touch with English every day. I improved mainly writing and speaking during next two years. Now I’m in a maternity leave – in forgetting process (hopefully not so quick due to the HFE :-)) So let’s summarise I’m learning English for nine years and six years forgetting :-D I was advanced but now… it’s hard to say ;-)

By „on what norm have you in English“, I think, Bellass wanted to say at what level are you of English (B1, B2 etc.)

yeah I sort of got it but why isnt she the one making it right?

Well, I guess not everyone is such a HFE junkie always checking topics, replies and stuff. :-)

McKay: yea I want say this..

And sorry but in twelve years you aren't perfect…

Dammit. :-D I am not confident if I can tell it. But my english is geting better and better, because of this website. (www.helpforenglish.cz) For every founders. Thanks so much.

Well, I've been learning English for 11 years. But I don't think that ‚learning‘ is the proper word in my case because I was actually never learning anything. It just came into my head automatically :-). But please, don't ask me how… Maybe it was the music, PC games, interest in aviation, maybe it was watching movies in English with Czech subtitles since I was 8. Now I regularly read HFE and that's really all I need to further improve my English. Yes, I also attend high school, but I cannot say I can learn anything new there (and it's not about the teacher).

Ondra, we are in the same boat.

Hi all, I ve just discovered this web site and have to say, I am fairly astonished by your knowledge. I ve been studying English for good few years but have to say I feel like Í knew nothing, I am currently living abroad but at job which doesnt give me much when it comes to improving language and thats why I have to enroll some language school. Unfortunately I am very bad at remembering stuff so cross fingers I ll find good way of learning.

to Lucia22: If I were you, I would try to get hold of every opportunity to speak English, anywhere you went, anything you did.
The last summer, I was in England for one and a half months, by myself, and I took advantage every single opportunity I had. For instance, every night I set out and hit some bar, sometimes with friends from school, sometimes on my own. And every time I met a lot of new people, had new talks, drunk some other drinks :-). Don't bide your time and take the bull by horns.

Hi, I am learning English for six years. I started good but I am not good now. I don´t understand English in our school very much. I am starting with English here and I understand more. I am very pleased of it. :-)

Hi,
I've been studying English for more than 4 years. My first lessons I took were at elementary school, but that could be hardly called „learning“. The real learning has begun at high school (osmileté gymnázium). At first I learnt a lot in lessons of english, but later I started to be interested in learning english more and more. This language amazed me. I've found an amazing website which is full of useful information and helped me a lot.Of course, it's HFE. :-) I'd like to thank the admin for great job! Then I bought my first books recommended on this website. After that my enthusiasm has increased a lot. Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to use my english, I mean I have never been to a country where english is spoken, but this is going to change in September…Good luck! :-)

Příspěvky mohou přidávat pouze přihlášení uživatelé. Pokud máte účet můžete se přihlásit.

Příspěvky v diskusi jsou majetkem jejich autorů. Provozovatel webových stránek Help For English za ně nenese zodpovědnost.