Help for English

Reading in English

I was wondering what book in English are you reading now. Maybe you got an English book as a christmas present and you are going to read it or you already are reading something, just share. Recently I have started reading Helpless by Barbara Gowdy in English. It is an interesting story and I like it, although the book is a bit difficult for reading because of rich vocabulary. I enjoy reading books in English generally, no matter how difficult they are.

Odkaz na příspěvek Příspěvek od Josef vložený před 12 lety

I was wondering what book in English are you reading now. Maybe you got an English book as a christmas present and you are going to read it or you already are reading something, just share. Recently I have started reading Helpless by Barbara Gowdy in English. It is an interesting story and I like it, although the book is a bit difficult for reading because of rich vocabulary. I enjoy reading books in English generally, no matter how difficult they are.

I am reading The Alchemist written by Paulo Coelho. It is a really wonderful story. I can recommend it to everybody. :-)

Books I've read recently and liked very much:

• The Pillars of the Earth – Ken Follett (over 1000 pages, so if you don't mind…)
  • The Perks of being a Wallflower – Stephen Chbosky
  • Fahrenheit 451 – Ray Bradbury
  • The Fault in Our Stars – John Green
Odkaz na příspěvek Příspěvek od SlávkaHFE vložený před 12 lety

I am reading The Alchemist written by Paulo Coelho. It is a really wonderful story. I can recommend it to everybody. :-)

I entirely agree with you. I have read that book too and I liked it very much.

Odkaz na příspěvek Příspěvek od Josef vložený před 12 lety

I entirely agree with you. I have read that book too and I liked it very much.

Can I ask you, what is it that you find so enjoyable about it?

Well, that book nicely shows the power of human spirit. It is a story about a fulfilled dream. If we are determined to meet our goal in life, we can make it despite of possible obstacles. We can manage almost everything. In order to be successful, we need firm will and courage above all. But often one also have to transform his own personality. I like books about spirituality,myt­hology and folklore in general. Of course, I understand that such things don't have to address everybody.

So there is another addition in my list of books that I have read in English. The day before yesterday I finished Helpless, this time by Mariane Marsh and Toni Magurie. It is sad but true story of a neglected girl betrayed and exploited by the neighbour to whom she trusted.

Now I am reading Heavenly Hugs, which is the latest book by Carla Wills-Brandon, PhD

Odkaz na příspěvek Příspěvek od JK vložený před 12 lety

Books I've read recently and liked very much:

• The Pillars of the Earth – Ken Follett (over 1000 pages, so if you don't mind…)
  • The Perks of being a Wallflower – Stephen Chbosky
  • Fahrenheit 451 – Ray Bradbury
  • The Fault in Our Stars – John Green

I've read The Perks of Being a Wallflower and Fahrenheit 451. Both are amazing, I highly recommend :) (though they are completely diferent genres)

I have read Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde by R. L. Stevenson. That´s an interesting book. I recommend it.

Příspěvky mohou přidávat pouze přihlášení uživatelé. Pokud máte účet můžete se přihlásit.

Příspěvky v diskusi jsou majetkem jejich autorů. Provozovatel webových stránek Help For English za ně nenese zodpovědnost.