Help for English

What's your favorite TV series?

Hey guys,
I've read almost all comments in this topic, and surprisingly I havn't found any mention about series „Two and half men“.How come..? As for me, I love this series very much. I've watched first 3 seasons and looking forward to the others. My favourite characters are Charlie and Alan(of course), I can't say which one is better, both are great. I recommend to watch it.
There are a few comments on downloading series from the Internet here and I'd like to add that downloading is not as big trouble as searching subtitles which will fit the quality of the episodes.:-) I know, it's an illegal way of getting series, but for me it's the only one, because I don't have enough money so that i could afford to buy it from the Internet. Anyway, I'm thinkinh about buying The O.C. from Amazon.com. I've saved up some money and it seems to me as a good way of spending it. But I have a question about it – I think I read somewhere that there's a problem with watching series, movies,… bought abroad(in england for example), because our DVD players aren't able to play them. So, is it true or not..? Thank you for answers.

It's about REGION. DVDs bought in the US are Region 1 and DVDs bought in Europe are Region 2.

DVD players that you can buy in Europe are Region 2 and can only play Region 2 DVDs.

BUT:
- you can play any region DVDs on your computer (using a simple program)
- some American Warner Bros DVDS with TV shows are actually region-free (although they say they're Region 1)
- you can buy a region-free DVD player, but finding one is not easy. I bought a very VERY cheap FERGUSON DVD player that's region-free. The quality is not great but it works.

Thanks for your immediate explanation. I got it. Unfortunately the O.C. is region 1. But you mentioned that no matter which region it is, you can play it on a comeputer, but you need a program. My question is which one it is..? Thanks.

The O.C. is one of those shows that says Region 1 but is actually Region free. I have the first two seasons from the USA and they can be played on European DVD players.

Anyway, the program is calles DVD43, it's free and works perfectly.

I've forgotten to say that I just downloaded Glee season 1. And I'm interested to know what your opinion is of it…Thaks.

Loved it. But I'm still waiting for the second half of the season to be released on DVD.

Good to know. :-) I'm gonna watch the first episode…

I've watched a few first episodes and I must say it's great. And I've noticed that „Will“ (the coach of the choir) often uses – „From the top“. Could you please tell me what it means. I didn't manage to find it anywhere…Thank you.

He often uses it? When? How?

In first two episodes he used it a few times. He used it while the choir was rehearsing a performance and something made them stop – they had to start again and he used this „phrase“. It could mean something like -„Tak odzačátku“ or something like that…I guess.

so it's just ‚od shora‘, right?

I'm not still sure. It doesn't sound like a good translation for me because in the context it seems to be a nonsense for me…?

why? A sheet with music (just like any other sheet of text etc.) has a top and a bottom. If you want to start at the beginning, you start at the top of the page. So FROM THE TOP makes sense, doesn't it? It's not an idiom or anything, it's just LITERAL ‚FROM THE TOP‘.

Oh, got it! :-) Thanks for explanation.

That '70s Show, Season 6, 9/10

Příspěvky mohou přidávat pouze přihlášení uživatelé. Pokud máte účet můžete se přihlásit.

Příspěvky v diskusi jsou majetkem jejich autorů. Provozovatel webových stránek Help For English za ně nenese zodpovědnost.