Help for English

What's your favorite TV series?

Freaks and Geeks, Season 1, 10/10

Have you guys seen any TV shows more than once? There are SOOO many great shows but having watched them once, I don't think I'll ever feel like watching them again. There are but a few that I HAVE seen twice:

The O.C. (Season 1)
Friends (all seasons)
Californication (season 1)

How about you?

as for me i usually watch every tv show only once, however, there are some i have seen like thousand times:

red dwarf (all seasons)
scrubs (1–6)
how i met your mother (1–3)
yes, minister (all seasons)
yes, prime minister (all seasons)

I can think of just one series I have seen more than once:

IT Crowd (season 1)

As for myself, I have seen more then once a number of episodes of How I met your mother and BBT. My favorite series. Oh, they roll big-time. A must-see.

I have to say there are a few TV shows that I've watched more than once. For example:
The O.C. (I think I've watched all seasons for 3 times:o).
Futurama
And now I have been watching Joey – 2nd season.

Sometimes when I got bored and or was at a loose end I resorted to re-watching some Futurama but generally I also maintain that no matter how great a show is, it simply isn't that good anymore if you watch it over. However, I'd like to watch some shows that I have already seen. The only catch is that these are shows that I have seen with czech dubbing, that's why I'd like to re-watch them in English. These shows are Step by Step and the Simpsons.

roman298: If you want to watch Step by Step in English, you can try YouTube. You'll find some episodes there. When I want to see a serie in English, I usually google it. Write „watch XXX online“.

some, say, two months ago i could hardly think of a better show than step by step. now that i have seen that ‚70s show and freaks and geeks i don‘t really feel like rewatching step by step. instead i am kinda keen on discovering new shows as i have to say that those two are way better than step by step. so if my other choices are going to be as good as those i guess i am never ever going to get round to rewatching step by step.. :-)

Joey, Season 2, 9/10

roman298: I've gotta agree there's better shows than SBS. Nowadays, a lot of these shows are only about sex. I can't even smile.

I want to re-watch House, M.D. in English. My friend is trying to make a list of all diseases that have ever been on. No surprise, he's gonna be a doctor.

The „sex thing“, well, I have to agree. This is a kinda ubiquitous flaw that tarnishes many shows. I can hardly think of a show where sex is not (or at least just marginally) presented. But sometimes, if you try to take the high road and try to penetrate the seemingly superficial crust, you can find lots of interesting stuff. I think a great example of this is Californication. It's crammed with sex and stuff but on the other had dialogues are great.. So I think you just need to look for stuff that you like and ignore the stuff you don't.

roman298: It's a pity there haven't been any more seasons of Freaks and Geeks. Wonder why it was ended. I was in two minds whether to give it 9/10 or 10/10 because I found the acting of Cindy pretty amateur. Since she was seen in the series only a couple of times the decision was made and I gave it 10/10 in the end.

On previous pages there were some questions raised about whether we've seen a TV series in excess of one time.

I remember watching Friends all over again. It's still funny over the years. I don't know why but I kind of watched Gossip Girl twice, speaking of the first season.

I recall that I got stuck in the middle of One Tree Hill (Season 2) last year so I was thinking about re-watching it from the very beginning at some point in the future.

I don't think Cindy's acting was much worse than others'. I think it fit the plot very well. She was supposed to be a bit naive but more mature than Sam, pretty teasy I'd say. If I had to decide between 9/10 or 10/10 it definitely wouldn't be influenced by this. Anyway, the show was great, thanks for…you know what :-)

Příspěvky mohou přidávat pouze přihlášení uživatelé. Pokud máte účet můžete se přihlásit.

Příspěvky v diskusi jsou majetkem jejich autorů. Provozovatel webových stránek Help For English za ně nenese zodpovědnost.