Help for English

What's your favorite TV series?

Yeah, you're right…it's not that important. Anyhow, I wouldn't have watched if it weren't for you. You're the one who recommended it to me even though you didn't see it either back then :)

yeah, i remember falling for the theme song so i thought when that's cool so has to be the show…and i was right…i always am :-D

Don't get cocky :-)

i'm not getting cocky but you're getting out of topic :-) so back to „what's your favorite TV series“… 8-)

dont like tv series :?

Why not?

time consuming

And how about you and TV series?

Well, it seems everybody is already asleep. Pitty, I have just discovered this topic, could be fun to talk to someone. Good night.

You know, it's not a real-time conversation so you could have written what you wanted and. When people awoke, got to their computers, you would have gotten your reply.

I can imagine that around midnight most people are sound asleep :?

i'm not..guess i have developed insomnia or something like that :-D . but if you want to know my approach to tv shows here you go. first i watched them primarily just to improve my listening. now i watch them mainly for fun. because sometimes they're a lot of fun. and they aren't time consuming if you don't watch more series in a row. you can watch as many episodes as you feel like at a particular moment. so i guess it depends on you whether you let it consume too much time or not :-)

Definitely, all is up to the person who's watching…So you watch tv series in English? Do you download them or have some other access?

I hardly watch movies anymore. They are too time-consuming. I can't usually spend two hours watching something. My day only has 24 hours! That's why I only watch TV shows.

I can watch just one episode if I feel like it.

PLUS, I always know what to expect. If I decide to watch another episode of LOST, I know exactly what to expect. If I go for an episode of Friends, again – I know what to expect. I'm RARELY disappointed.

With movies? One movie is great, another sucks. I never know. I watch one and I like it. The next day I have to look for another movie… and I have no idea if it's going to be worth it or not.

Well, I completely agree. I have got some 3 spare hours a day, so I damn think it over what to do with them. But i am kind of a patriot, so I tend to watch Czech movies {recently I have seen Máj – I was complety taken aback by its beautiful scenery, poetry and melodrama…And I was greatly dissapointed by Jánošík – just a cruel movie, probably truly reflecting the history, but not really leaving any other feeling inside me but disgust).

Příspěvky mohou přidávat pouze přihlášení uživatelé. Pokud máte účet můžete se přihlásit.

Příspěvky v diskusi jsou majetkem jejich autorů. Provozovatel webových stránek Help For English za ně nenese zodpovědnost.