Help for English

What's your favorite TV series?

Yes, that was the original thought. We rank series out of ten, that is why I wrote 9/10 for Chuck.

Yes, now I get it. I thought it was ment to be number of a particular episode but then after I've written my comment I reliazed that Chuck Season 1 has 13 episodes. So, obviously it must have been something else.

Note:…after I've written my comment I reliazed that Chuck Season 1 has 13 episodes. – shouldn't be there – ‚after I had written‘ instead of ‚after I have written‘…? It's past and ‚after I write‘ (writing) or ‚have written‘ is used for future…Or am i wrong?
Thanks for any reply.

no, you're right. AFTER I HAD WRITTEN is correct

Thanks for the immediate reply. I don't wanna be too much annoying but I have one more question – is it ok to use ‚after writing‘ instead of ‚after I had written..‘ in this sentence and other sentences like that? Thanks.

I'm pretty sure you can use ‚after writing, I realized…‘ but it might sound way too formal. I have heard British using it even in spoken language, though. For more info see http://www.helpforenglish.cz/…icipium.html

Friends, Season 9, 9/10
Seen for the second time round. Loved it as much as the first time, though.

Heroes, Season 3, 8/10

Četnické humoresky, 9/10
My english skills remained intact but I really enjoyed the show (I've already seen it twice). :)

ps1: I almost got the impression that there was an English version of this series :-)

honyk: Maybe one day they will broadcast it in the USA (or UK) with english dubbing (providing somebody tells them about this great Czech TV show).
As far as I know no DVD with this show contains english subtitles (such a shame!). :)

Glee, Season 1, 9/10

I'd been watching your rating of Glee for a while guys and at last I decided to give it a try. Just saw the first episode of Glee and it seems pretty good, can't wait for tomorrow to watch the 2nd episode -)

I'm still waiting for the other half of the first season. It's next week, right after the U2 concert! Two great things in just one week?

Sherlock (see http://www.csfd.cz/…29-sherlock/ for more details) 9/10
I was afraid of moving old characters to the present time, but it's really good.

Miloš: Thanks for reminding me, I forgot to put Sherlock on my To-watch list :)

Příspěvky mohou přidávat pouze přihlášení uživatelé. Pokud máte účet můžete se přihlásit.

Příspěvky v diskusi jsou majetkem jejich autorů. Provozovatel webových stránek Help For English za ně nenese zodpovědnost.