Help for English

problem s prekladem

Poradil byste mi prosim nekdo s prekladem nasledujicih vet.

as opposed to a twin room (with 2 single beds) … nevim presne jak to prelozit a take tuto vetu:

Jdete porad rovne po této ceste(chodníku)a treti odbocku vlevo zahnete.

'Oproti/Navzdory dvojlůžkovému pokoji (s dvěmi oddělenými postelemi)…-taky si ale nejsem moc jist. Chtělo by to vidět v kontextu.

Go straight on and take the third turning left.

Byl by někdo tady tak ochotný a mrknul na můj sloh a příp. opravil chyby, které našel? Předem mnohokrát děkuji.

Let me introduce myself. My name is Lucy and I’m 19 years old. I was born on 25th December 1990 in Prague 8. I’m a student. I am of slim and quite small. I have longer dark hair and brown eyes. I am very friendly, lazy and quite nervous. In my free time I like reading, watching TV and cycling. I live with my mother in a block in Prague. I have got two stepbrother, their names are Ondřej and Jakub. Both lives also in Prague with my father and their mother. Ondřej is 13 years old. He was born on 11th July. Jakub is 9 years old. He was born on 11th April. Both are pupils. My mum’s name is Lenka. She is 49 years old and her birthday is on 17th November. My mum is medium build and she is quite small just like me . She has got straight long dark hair and green eyes. She is calm. My mum works as an cosmetician. She likes reading, kino and theatre. My mother has not no sibs. I often help my mother with cooking, ironing and vacuuming. My father’s name is Richard. He was born on 22th February 1965. So he is 45 years old. My father is quite tall and medium build. He is very sociable, friendly and lively. He likes reading, listen to the classical music and cars. He works as an car driver. I have got small family. It consists of one uncle, one aunt and two cousins. My aunt with name Jarmila. She is sister my father. Jarmila has husband. His name is Štěpán. My she-cousin with name Eva and has two children. Their names are Barbora and Tereza. My he-cousin with name Martin. I really like all of my grandparents, but unfortunately I can’t say that all my grandparents still live. I have only one grandmums and two granddad. My grandmums with name Jarmila and both granddad with name František and Karel. Karel is older until František. Granddad Karel is 83 years old and granddad František is 75 years old. My grandmums is 73 years old. My family is very important to me. So this is my family!

Ahoj, jenom pár postřehů:

1.)I have longer dark hair- to je čechismus; „Použijeme-li v angličtině komparativ, musíme s něčím srovnávat: druhý stupeň totiž neznamená, jako někdy v češtině, pouze "poměrně značnou míru vlastnosti“. Výrazy, které běžně v tomto smyslu používáme, jsou rather nebo fairly." – Don Sparling English or Czenglish? Jak se vyhnout čechismům v angličtině

2.)Asi znáš spojení „block of flats“ a z tohoto spojení jsi chtěla použít byt, že? Dobrý nápad, ale bohužel jsi se netrefila :-) byt se řekne „flat“.

3.)My mother has not no sibs – tady doufám, že se „not“ připletlo jen náhodou a je to tedy pouze překlep. Pokud ne, tak se podívej na tvoření záporu u „have“ a „have got“: http://helpforenglish.cz/…so-HAVE.html a pozor na dva zápory ve větě.

4.)So he is 45 years old – „so“ bych nahradil „That means that he is“.

5.)I have only one grandmums and two granddad – Záhadně jsi přehodila koncovku množného čísla… U „jedné babičky“ si ji chybně přidala a u „dvou dědečků“ zase chybně vypustila.

6.)Karel is older until František – správně Karel is older than František. http://helpforenglish.cz/…s.-THEN.html Ta poučka pro zapamatování je prostě super a pořád ji používám.

Dále: Občas ti uteče neurčitý člen(ale občas tam taky je, což je dobré znamení :-) ). Výrazy jako „he-cousin“ nebo „sibs“ vidím poprvé a nepoužil bych je(což ale neznamená, že musí být špatně).

I am very friendly, lazy and quite nervous – to „nervous“ bych tam nepsal :-) mě (a možná pouze jenom mě) to zní jako že jsi nervózní právě teď, což se k těm ostatním vlastnostem nehodí.

Jinak… nevím co bylo zadáním, ale tohle mi spíš příjde jako rodokmen; tolik jmen a dat pohromadě jsem už dlouho neviděl :-D
Ale taky jsem na téma rodina nikdy nic pořádného vymyslel.

I am of slim and quite small. V této větě bych asi vypustil předložku of. Nechal bych jí tam pouze v případě přidání podstatného jména za slim, např: stature,frame – Jsem štíhlé postavy..

1.I have got two STEPBROTHERS
2.THEY BOTH LIVE in Prague too
3.BOTH OF THEM are pupils
4.My mum works as A BEAUTICIAN.
5.She likes reading, GOING TO THE CINEMA AND THEATRE. (kino sa naozaj po angl. nepovie kino :-) )
6.He likes reading, LISTENING to classical music and cars.
7.He works as A car driver.
8.I have got A small family
9.It consists of AN uncle, AN aunt
10. MY AUNTS NAME IS Jarmila. She is MY FATHERS SISTER. Jarmila has A husband.

Mohli byste se mi prosím mrknout ještě na tento sloh? Nemá mi to bohužel, kdo zkontrolovat a já to potřebuji mít skoro bez chyb. Mnohokrát Vám předem děkuji :-) .

I often wonder about my future. The number one question in my mind is which profession should I choose. I would work as receptionist, directress on the hotel or as waitress. But I wouldn’t work as salesman, workman, and driver or as some assistant, because I think that it isn’t my future. Is very hard to make any definite choices, because I know they will affect me for the rest of my life. I want a profession that will satisfy me, challenge me and bring me joy. I believe that a job should be like a hobby. First of all, I want to finish secondary school. After I’ll pass my school-leaving exam, I’d like to study at the university, I’d like continue study tourist traffic. I can not to study mathematics and physics, because me it do not go. After I finish bachelor study I want to continue in master study. I’d like to rent a small flat in Prague and stay there after I’ll finish the studies. After I get my title, I wish to find a good job. I’d like earn some money and one day I want to establish family and have one or two children. But first of all I have to find a good-looking, intelligent and rich man. I cannot really imagine having a family yet, but I am 19 years old, so I have to start thinking about it. As of now, I am only focusing my attention on finishing my studies. Also, before I have a family, I would like to travel overseas.

„is WHAT profession I SHOULD choose“
„I would LIKE TO work“
„After I PASS/After PASSING“
„study AT university“
„I`d like TO continue“
„I can not to study mathematics and physics, because me it do not go.“ – „I CAN NOT STUDY MATHEMATICS OR PHYSICS BECAUSE WE DON`T QUITE GET ALONG.“
„after I finish the studies.“
„After I get my DEGREE/MASTER`S“
„As FOR now“ = NATERAZ – As of now znamená ODTERAZ

Viac chýb sa opakuje, treba doplniť členy (počitateľné podst.m. v sing. MUSÍ mať nejaký člen alebo iný „determinátor“), dávať pozor po AFTER nejde budúci čas, „Rada by som“ sa prekladá ako I WOULD LIKE TO + INF.

Ahoj mela bych otazku k teto vete: Profesionalni a pratelsky pristup k zakaznikum – Professional and friendly approach to customers/ Professional and friendly attitude to customers. Ktera varianta je spravna a vubec si nejsem jista approach to (somebody) nebo attitude to (customers). Dekuji za odpoved.

Mne sa tam viac hodí APPROACH TO SB ako prístup, zatiaľ čo ATTITUDE TO/TOWARDS SB je skôr ako postoj k niečomu. :-)

Příspěvky mohou přidávat pouze přihlášení uživatelé. Pokud máte účet můžete se přihlásit.

Příspěvky v diskusi jsou majetkem jejich autorů. Provozovatel webových stránek Help For English za ně nenese zodpovědnost.