Help for English

Cover Letter - ERASMUS

Ahoj,

moc prosím o pomoc s opravou gramatiky mého motivačního dopisu. Předem velmi děkuji za ochotu. :))

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing to apply for the position of Erasmus student in the school year 2015/2016.

I think I am appropriate applicant because of language skills. I have no problem to speak in English and I started to learn Portuguese yet. Also I am not afraid of new challenges in my life rather I am looking forward to them. Additionally I am friendly, communicative and hardworking. It could be great experience for me to stay more than three months in such beautiful country like Portugal.

It is important for me because of learning how to be more independent, meeting new people and discover different lifestyle. Moreover, knowledge of Portugal and Portuguese is advantage in African studies, which I would like to study on the University of Hradec Králové next year. The next crucial point is that the study abroad improves my Curriculum Vitae which could be a great advantage for my future applications for a job. I look forward to meeting you.

Yours faithfully,

to apply for the Erasmus program for the school year (o žádnou pozici se nejedná)
I think → I believe that I am suitable for this program…
no problem with speaking in English and apart from that I have started learning Portuguese

rather ,I am quite looking forward to them
in such a beautiful country

dál jsem nečetl

It is important for me because of learning how to be more independent, meeting new people and discover different lifestyle. Moreover, knowledge of Portugal and Portuguese is advantage in African studies, which I would like to study on the University of Hradec Králové next year. The next crucial point is that the study abroad improves my Curriculum Vitae which could be a great advantage for my future applications for a job. I look forward to meeting you.

• because of learning to be more independent,…, and discovering different lifestyles
  • the knowledge… is advantageous / proves to be an advantage
  • at the University
  • místo “the next crucial point” bych napsal spíš “what is more”
  • will certainly/undou­btedly improve my CV, which will increase my chances of getting a job in the future
  • I look forward to hearing from you (zřejmě potom se až domlouvá na osobní schůzce)

V takovýchto motivačních dopisech doporučuji se vyhýbáat “can”, “could”, “may/might”, protože tyto modální slovesa vyjadřují nejistotu, a aby vás přijali, musíte působit sebejistě :)

Ahoj,

moc děkuju za pomoc. :) To psaní mi nikdy moc nešlo. :D

Příspěvky mohou přidávat pouze přihlášení uživatelé. Pokud máte účet můžete se přihlásit.

Příspěvky v diskusi jsou majetkem jejich autorů. Provozovatel webových stránek Help For English za ně nenese zodpovědnost.