Help for English

What's your favorite movie?

Has anyone seen the new film Robin Hood? If yes can I ask what is your opinion? As for me I really enjoyed watching it but I am not impartial because the historical film are my favourits.I liked the camera.Fighting scenes were outstanding, fresh humor and no tears at the end – could not wish more.I do not understand why Russel Crow was so criticised for his part …

Hello! I watched The Pink Panther (1, 2; s. Steve Martin) in English this week. I must say that it was really fantastic. Almost everyone were speaking with a funny French accent.

Wanting to see it free and online (in English), you can try to find it in youtube.

Me, the best part was in 1, when Clouseau was learning to speak American accent (I would like to buy a hamburger.)

Have you seen this film?

It's hard to chose which movie is the best one from all those I saw. But, I definetely think that movie – From Paris with love is worth mentioning. It's quite a new movie which is full of action, mysteries and some scenes are even funny. It's a good tip for those of you who don't know what they're gonna do tonight. Although I don't often watch movies, this one was a good choice which is worth watching. 8-)

have you guys seen the Black Swan trailer (link below). what do you think about it? i'm pretty sure it's going to be an awesome movie. i just love aronofsky and his directing style.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?…

I love Forest Gump 8-)

There is such a variety of movies so it is sorta difficult to categorize the best movie(s). The best movie I saw lately was by all means Inception. It is great to see there are still some director capable of creating such a great movie. One of the most ingenious piece of art I have seen so far. Not just an empty hollow core adorned with tacky drapes looking flashy and trendy at the first sight. Nonetheless, after observing them a bit more, you realize the emptiness of such a takeaway movie.
That's is to say, don't hesitate and go watch it.

I've just watched a 3-minute movie :-) better than two hours

http://www.csfd.cz/…pamet/videa/

I just saw an exelent movie ‚The great raid‘ with regard to one of the most successful rescue mission in US history. I personally think that everyone interested in history or a military-movie fan should check it out.
In the movie there are well captured moments describing pain and suffering of those who were captured by Japanese and placed into a cage where they all were treated like ‚animals‘ or even worse. This movie also describes situation in the Philippines during the WWII. Especially the end of the war during which this operation took place.
I just wanted to give you a brief description which is meant to encourage to watch this movie…

Well, only flawless movie is STAR WARS :-)
But I like too Watchmen, Valkyrie or Last Samurai…

I like SF and fantasy but the movies and tv series in english are usualy too difficult for me. But… I love Avatar.

I´m rather a romantic person, so my favourites are: Emma (1996, not 1997), The Lake House, Pride and Prejudice (2005). As I like commedies as well, other candidates are: The Princess Bride (which is just inconceivable), Johny English, Hitch, Ice Age and Shrek…all of them seen more than three times :-)

As for the dubbing matter: there are some movies, where the czech dubbing is very good. It's creators just tried their best and made up some jokes on their own. Yet there can be play on words in original, which is impossible to translate properly – now it is much better to enjoy the english version (if you understand). And yes, watching some „less important“ movies dubbed(?) equals commiting a suicide…

I just watched Full Metal Jacket. A drill-master of new recruit group is very vulgar and unforgettable :)

-Private Joker why did you join my beloved corps?
-Sir, To kill Sir!
-So your a killer?
-Sir, Yes Sir!
-Let me see your warface!
-Sir?
-You got a warface? Arggghhhhhh, Thats a warface, Now let me see your Warface!
-Arrrrrrgggggg­gghhhhhhhh!!!!
-Bullshit, you didnt convince me, now let me see your real warface
-AARRRRRGGGGGGHH­HHHHHH!!!!!
-You dont scare me!

I love it :)

To nscnsc: Do you know Clockwork Orange? I think that it is the Kubrick´s best one, but I definitely have to see Full Metal Jacket. I haven´t seen it yet, so thank you for your advice. :-D

tethalka: What a coincidence. Our teacher in school recommended Clockwork Orange to us last week. Maybe I'll change my tune and see it after all :)

Příspěvky mohou přidávat pouze přihlášení uživatelé. Pokud máte účet můžete se přihlásit.

Příspěvky v diskusi jsou majetkem jejich autorů. Provozovatel webových stránek Help For English za ně nenese zodpovědnost.