Help for English

na jméno - for the name?

Ahoj/Dobrý den

A na jaké jméno máte rezervaci? Vaše rezervace je na jméno XY?

Mohl bych použít “for the name”? Kolega to používal pořád a nikdy mě nenapadlo řešit, ale já sám znám jen “under the name” ? Nebo oboje lze použít zaměnitelně bez většího rozdílu?

Díky moc!

In what name is the reservation? It's in the name of … Under is also ok. For the name would be understood, but a native speaker wouldn't say it.

in the name of…
It's reserved in the name of Ritter.

EDIT: Dan was quicker. :)

Odkaz na příspěvek Příspěvek od DesperateDan vložený před 4 lety

In what name is the reservation? It's in the name of … Under is also ok. For the name would be understood, but a native speaker wouldn't say it.

Ahoj Dane,
a šlo by případně in vložit v otázce na konec věty čili “What name is the reservation in?” ve významu věty “Na jaké jméno je rezervace?”
Děkuji Vám.

Ano.

Ano.

Díky za informaci

Dobrý den, mám dotaz, který se netýká přímo rezervací, ale fráze na jméno v trochu jiném kontextu. Jakou předložku bych měl použít u věty ‘Na jaké jméno je ten kamion zarezervovaný (jako na jakého řidiče)?‘. Dá se taky použít ‘In which name is the semi booked?‘. Děkuji

Nebo ‘In which driver is the semi booked for this delivery?‘

• Who is that delivery/truck booked for?
  • Which driver is that delivery/truck booked for?
  • What's the name of the driver booked for that truck/delivery?

Thank you, Dan. One more version hit me, and I want to ask you if it is correct:

The truck is booked in the name of…(I know it is not an answer, as the previous version, it is an indicative sentence). Does it sound natural to you?

Yes, that version's fine too.

Thank you, Dan!

Hello, Can I ask if there is any difference in the level of formality between ‘under which name‘ and ‘in which name‘? Thank you

No, there's no difference in formality or meaning. The Ngram seems to suggest that in this kind of „reservation“ context, „in“ is used about twice as much as „under“.

Odkaz na příspěvek Příspěvek od DesperateDan vložený před 7 měsíci

No, there's no difference in formality or meaning. The Ngram seems to suggest that in this kind of „reservation“ context, „in“ is used about twice as much as „under“.

Thank you, Dan.

Příspěvky mohou přidávat pouze přihlášení uživatelé. Pokud máte účet můžete se přihlásit.

Příspěvky v diskusi jsou majetkem jejich autorů. Provozovatel webových stránek Help For English za ně nenese zodpovědnost.