Help for English

Nirvana serve the servants

Zdravím.

Self-appointed judges judge more than they have sold

I tried hard to have father but instead , i had a dad

Co to může být? Děkuji

What does Google say? ;-)

Serve the Servants is the album’s opening blast, and deals simultaneously with his parents’ divorce, and the bullshit of the music industry. “Self-appointed judges judge more than they have sold” is the second line of the song/album, and it could be a shot at either the label bosses directing him, the “safe” radio programmers, or music critics – none of whom have been a part of a Nevermind-size success. (source)

People think they have the right to judge him, but these “self-appointed judges” are not as successful as he has been; he has sold more (made more money) than his critics, so their opinion is not important.

04. THE SECOND VERSE FROM “SERVE THE SERVANTS” “As my bones grew they did hurt/ They hurt really bad/ I tried hard to have a father/ But instead I had a dad”

Here, Kurt opens up about the strained relationship he had with his father, Don Cobain, telling Rolling Stone of the song in 1994, “My father and I are completely different people. I know that I’m capable of showing a lot more affection than my dad was.” He later references his parents’ divorce in the song. (source)

His father did not live up to his expectations of what a father should be, despite all his efforts. His father was just someone that Cobain called “dad”, and not the kind of real father figure that Cobain hoped to have.

Příspěvky mohou přidávat pouze přihlášení uživatelé. Pokud máte účet můžete se přihlásit.

Příspěvky v diskusi jsou majetkem jejich autorů. Provozovatel webových stránek Help For English za ně nenese zodpovědnost.