Help for English

znát z internetu

Věta z úkolu od studenta:

Before the concert she met a girl that she knew only from the Internet.

Funguje to takhle doslova? Můj “Czenglish detector” si není úplně jistý… :-)

Yes, to know someone from/via/on/through the internet is fine:

Although I only knew her from the internet Fran was a very special person and I will miss her and treasure her memory.

But their hearts were also lightened when relatives, friends, neighbours and husband Nicholas Brooks shared memories of a woman who’d touched so many, even those who only knew her via the internet on the Beaches Facebook group.

A young, naive foolish young child had formed the view that you loved her. In reality you only knew her on the Internet, had never met her before and were fully aware of the age difference.

We only had a chance to get to know her through the internet but that was enough for us to realize what a great person she was and how much she cared about others.

So your student's sentence is ok. You can also use just “online” instead of on/via/from/throu­gh the internet:

Though I never had the opportunity to meet Erin in person, I knew her online when we were younger.

Příspěvky mohou přidávat pouze přihlášení uživatelé. Pokud máte účet můžete se přihlásit.

Příspěvky v diskusi jsou majetkem jejich autorů. Provozovatel webových stránek Help For English za ně nenese zodpovědnost.