Help for English

Afterlife

I think that it could be another interesting topic to discuss. So my question is: Do you believe in afterlife? Concerning me, I do. Although I haven't any personal experiences in this regard, I have read many books about it which conviced me. The existence of afterlife is based on presumption that we, human beings, all have immortal soul that is our true essence. I also believe in reincarnation, which means that we live more than one life.
I suppose that these things will be released and proved scientifically in near future.

I would very surprised if science will discover something about that. I suppose science is liable to these things and and they don't depends on something that's matter of science.

The truth is that such things can hardly be explored by way of conventional means of contemporary science. I would say that medicine is closest to it. Some experiences of people who have experienced clinical death are very interesting but they are not regarded as a proof of existence of soul by scholastic autorities.

Yes, people after clinical death, in deep meditation or intoxicated by psychedelic drugs can experience these visions but who can say how to understand that? Astral travelling, extrasensory perception, visions of pastness or future, maybe they are real but it can be just imagination of the brain.

For example air-fighter pilots can see tunnel with light at the end during rapid climbing as well as dying man.

afterlife is a nonsense because we cannot measure it…that is the official statement of his highness pope of science

bozkurt, who do you mean by pope of science?

I don't know his name and think only very few do for he dwells in a secret place

I think you are too prejudiced against scientists. They are powered by thirst for knowledge and they use measurement and strict definitions because of more efficient work. It doesn't mean that afterlife does not exists. They don't want to lie to you.

I just don't like radicalism and fundamentalis­m…church was like: „God said so, burn in hell!“ now scientists are like: „we say so, so shut up, stupid!“
Try reading this „Dialectic of Enlightenment“ to see „rationality“ from another angle

I don't believe in afterlife. I don't believe in immortal soul either. I do believe in God who created a man with brain so he could think. When I die, my brain dies too and all my thinking activity stops.
Concerning the clinical death experience, well, a man in clinical death is not really dead yet, is he? So he can't tell what is after death…

According to occults doctrines God has created man to his picture and therefore we have divine attributes. The thing is that most of us are not aware of it at all. What is whorse, many people even laugh at that idea.
People disrate themselves to mere mortal animals, which is pity. But no wonder when we have been conducted to materialistic view of world on the one hand and dogmatic religion on the other hand since our early childhood. Of course, it is every man's business what he (she) believes in and I respect it.

Příspěvky mohou přidávat pouze přihlášení uživatelé. Pokud máte účet můžete se přihlásit.

Příspěvky v diskusi jsou majetkem jejich autorů. Provozovatel webových stránek Help For English za ně nenese zodpovědnost.