Help for English

go it in?

Zdravím všechny,

kopíruju sem úryvek z přepisu filmu Weird: The Al Yankovic Story. Ve stejné podobě se objevuje ve více zdrojích, takže by snad měl být správně, ale ten tučně zvýrazněný kus mi moc nedává smysl a nedaří se mi najít příklady podobného použití:

This sucks. It's the fifth audition I've been kicked out of this week. It's almost like nobody wants an accordion player in their band.
That just doesn't make any sense. Yeah. Accordions are cool.
That's the problem with being on the bleeding edge. You gotta wait for the rest of the world to catch up with you.
I don't have time to wait. If nobody wants to have me in their group, I'm just gonna have to go it in on my own.
Don't worry, it's gonna happen for you. You just gotta hang in there. We got your back.

„Go it in“ is non-standard English. From the context, I understand it to mean „I'm just gonna have to go it alone“- jít do toho sám.

Thanks, Dan. What also confuses me is the „go it“ part in both the movie transcript and your own sentence. So I take it there doesn't have to be a preposition, like „go in / into it“?

No, no preposition needed in the idiom go it alone (Cambridge) – být na to sám, jít do toho sám, etc. – see tr-ex.me. (not all the translations there are correct)

• nejsi na to sám – you don't have to go it alone

Prakticky odmala jsem v sobě nosil hodně bolesti, spoustu křivd, strachu a můj život bylo jedno velké utrpení. Byl jsem na to sám. Styděl jsem se za svá trápení, bral jsem to jako svoji slabost a nikdy jsem nikomu skutečnou pravdu neřekl. (medojedik) – … I've had to go it alone …

Příspěvky mohou přidávat pouze přihlášení uživatelé. Pokud máte účet můžete se přihlásit.

Příspěvky v diskusi jsou majetkem jejich autorů. Provozovatel webových stránek Help For English za ně nenese zodpovědnost.