Help for English

When it comes

Hello everyone, can I use the phrase ‘when it comes‘ in a formal context, or is it appropriate only in an informal register? I have looked it up in a dictionary, but I couldn't seem to find the level of formality of this word. Thank you, Armando

Odkaz na příspěvek Příspěvek od Armando vložený před rokem

Hello everyone, can I use the phrase ‘when it comes‘ in a formal context, or is it appropriate only in an informal register? I have looked it up in a dictionary, but I couldn't seem to find the level of formality of this word. Thank you, Armando

Yeah, I mean “when it comes to doing sth”.

„When it comes to VERBing“ is normal style in any register; it doesn't carry any „formal“ or „informal“ marking. It's easy enough to check this using a Google search. Here's an example in a research paper from the University of Sheffield:

Approaching uncertainty

When it comes to making difficult decisions, how honest are we with ourselves about what we don’t know? (sheffield)

Dobrý den Dane, děkuji moc.

Příspěvky mohou přidávat pouze přihlášení uživatelé. Pokud máte účet můžete se přihlásit.

Příspěvky v diskusi jsou majetkem jejich autorů. Provozovatel webových stránek Help For English za ně nenese zodpovědnost.