Help for English

I remember dancing

“I have been searching for this song for absolutely, and just this minute found it, wow! I was 21 in 1985 and loved dancing to this in the London clubs at the time”.

Recently, I have found this commentary in the commentaries to one song on Youtube. I cannot seem to understand why there is the definite article “the” in front of the word “London”. I think it is generic, so it shouldn’t take the definite article, or should it? I am kinda confused because I don’t understand it – the writer does not talk about any specific clubs in London, so why he uses the definite article?

Odkaz na příspěvek Příspěvek od Armando vložený před 10 měsíci

“I have been searching for this song for absolutely, and just this minute found it, wow! I was 21 in 1985 and loved dancing to this in the London clubs at the time”.

Recently, I have found this commentary in the commentaries to one song on Youtube. I cannot seem to understand why there is the definite article “the” in front of the word “London”. I think it is generic, so it shouldn’t take the definite article, or should it? I am kinda confused because I don’t understand it – the writer does not talk about any specific clubs in London, so why he uses the definite article?

Myslí určité londýnské kluby (ve kterých tancoval/a)

Příspěvky mohou přidávat pouze přihlášení uživatelé. Pokud máte účet můžete se přihlásit.

Příspěvky v diskusi jsou majetkem jejich autorů. Provozovatel webových stránek Help For English za ně nenese zodpovědnost.