Help for English

Got nebo get?

Let me know if you got this letter.

Let me know if you get this letter.

Co je správně? Cit mi říká, že první varianta, ale rozum, že ta druhá.

Za mě je správně ta druhá varianta.

1. Yes, „let me know if you get …“ is right when the speaker wants to know about something that might happen in the future (i.e. if you get the letter, if the letter arrives, if the letter is delivered).
  2. However, „let me know if you got …“ is also possible, and in that case the speaker is projecting his thoughts into the future to ask if something happened in the past (i.e. if you got the letter, if the letter arrived, if the letter was delivered). The speaker would choose this tense if, at the time of speaking/writing, there has been enough time for the letter to arrive but the speaker doesn't know if it has arrived, or if he suspects that it may not have arrived.

So in 1, the speaker's referring to a future event. In 2, the speaker's referring to a past event.

Děkuji za odpovědi. Pro můj případ je tedy správně get. Myslela jsem si, že got, protože v době, kdy bude tu větu číst, tak už ten dopis dostala. Tedy, pro ni got. Ale zase z mého hlediska, když jí to píšu, tak tam patří get.

Odkaz na příspěvek Příspěvek od naficka vložený před 6 měsíci

Děkuji za odpovědi. Pro můj případ je tedy správně get. Myslela jsem si, že got, protože v době, kdy bude tu větu číst, tak už ten dopis dostala. Tedy, pro ni got. Ale zase z mého hlediska, když jí to píšu, tak tam patří get.

Ještě by šlo samozřejmě použít toto:
Let me know when you've received
Dej mi vědět, dostaneš… (až ho budeš mít v ruce).

Příspěvky mohou přidávat pouze přihlášení uživatelé. Pokud máte účet můžete se přihlásit.

Příspěvky v diskusi jsou majetkem jejich autorů. Provozovatel webových stránek Help For English za ně nenese zodpovědnost.