Help for English

Setting the packaging order

Hello,

I would like to ask for an English word that might be suitable for the context I will provide. As part of my former job (I am dealing with this matter because I am creating a new CV of mine), I had to set the way the customized newspaper and leaflets (when the customer could choose which leaflets they wished to receive from the company) were packed in the bundles for the distributor. I had to put the order of the leaflets into the automatized programme in the WMS (warehouse management system) for the packaging machines in the factory. However, I am not sure how call the order the leaflets were packed. ‘‘Packaging order‘‘ might be an option, but when I typed it into the browser, no results were found. I tried ‘‘delivery order‘‘, but came with the same result. Thank you

By order, I meant which address was first in the bundle, which second, and so on and so forth, for instance whether address streetxx no. 1 was first or whether it was address streetyy no. 5. Basically I had to set whcih adress to start with, which to continue with then, which to continue with then…

I am not sure whether it is clear what I am trying to describe.

In Czech, I would call it ‘‘pořadí zásilek v balíku‘‘, or ‘‘pořadí adres na trase distributora‘‘.

This looks similar to the context you describe:

In today’s fast-paced world, delivery businesses need to operate with the utmost efficiency and accuracy. This is where delivery route planning and optimization come into play. The most efficient route can make all the difference in ensuring that deliveries are made on time and at the lowest possible cost. With the advent of route planning software, businesses can now plan delivery routes more efficiently than ever before. (locate2u)

• (Part of my responsibilities was to) program the packaging sequences into the WMS and plan the optimal delivery routes.

That fits perfectly into the context I've needed: thank you so much.;)

Příspěvky mohou přidávat pouze přihlášení uživatelé. Pokud máte účet můžete se přihlásit.

Příspěvky v diskusi jsou majetkem jejich autorů. Provozovatel webových stránek Help For English za ně nenese zodpovědnost.