Help for English

Let\'s share phrases, idioms, collocations we have come across ......

Hi to all,

I joined your community a couple of weeks ago. I must admit I have not snooped through the whole website, by the way, it is terrific, and I would like to suggest creating a new thread concerning interesting idioms, collocations, phrasal verbs and all that we have come across while enjoying or fighting with English. Let's share those ones we really like.

I have got a „winterly“ one :)

Being snowed under with work

I came back home from the Dolomites yesterday and wrote a message to my friend about all those steep slopes covered with a carpet of white snow, clear deep blue sky, eagles hovering in freezing dizzy heights, chamois jumping on icy and slippery sheer rock walls or just about skiing itself.

I have been given a short answer „Hi, come by and have a chat on Tuesday unless you are snowed under with work.“

Well, that's my contribution.

I'll take a rain check :-)

Skvele !!!! – nechat neco na jindy :)

A: Care for a drink?
B: Well, all righ, I'll go with you if it will make you happy.
B: Hmm, do you know what ..?
B: Let's take a rain check on that, thanks.
A: :(

A: Did you notice how Josh kept glancing at me during the class? I think he's into me.
B:I don't want to rain on your parade, but I know for sure that Josh is gay.

Hey guys, great idea but I suggest we start this thread anew in „Diskuze v angličtině“ and then we can go on. What do you think? This can be fun!

yes, my fault. I have chosen a wrong section. I am going to copy the contributions above into a new thread.

Done.

Příspěvky mohou přidávat pouze přihlášení uživatelé. Pokud máte účet můžete se přihlásit.

Příspěvky v diskusi jsou majetkem jejich autorů. Provozovatel webových stránek Help For English za ně nenese zodpovědnost.