Help for English

Fan view - your fav band on tour!

Hey guys,

I was at the Pearl Jam concert in Prague last night and I thought we could share our views and impressions of such great events, as concerts surely are. We might find out that we were at the same place, too! :-)

Here is my fan view of the last night concert (Pearl Jam, O2 Arena, Prague, 07–02–2012):

I've been to three concerts of Pearl Jam, the best band ever, so far and the truth is the older these guys get, the better they perform! It was a kick-ass show; unforgettable, unbelievable, fantastic. I still have goose bumps. The crowd was amazing, no dead fish as on the previous tour's concert in Prague back in 2006. My legs hurt of jumping, my throat is sick of crying out loud all songs I knew the lyrics to, my old grunge soul feels rejuvenated.

Eddie Vedder (the singer and the soul of this band), as usual, tried to speak some Czech (the word „bicí“ sounded funny to him when he was introducing all band members and their instruments), asking where the best pub is and then he invited all of us for a couple of beers. :-)

This was the best concert ever, including all other concerts I've been to. After 21 years of playing, these grunge Gods from Seattle still rock.

Must've been great. I'm not really into Pearl Jam, at least not enough to be willing to spend a lot of money on a ticket…

I have a few favorites… Pink Floyd, U2, R.E.M. and Snow Patrol.

Pink Floyd was awesome, my first big concert… amazing show, it was raining all the time but that didn't ruin it at all. I enjoyed every second of it. But that's like 15 years ago…

U2 was… well, U2. Didn't mind spending A LOT of money on it and driving all the way to Munich to see them. It was huge. And standing right in front of The Edge was… Plus ONE REPUBLIC as the support band rocked, too.

R.E.M. – seen them three times, my all time favorite. Can't get enough of those guys. Their shows were nothing like Pink Floyd or U2, I mean they were big, but they weren't really about the visual effects and huge props… but the music and the atmosphere, and Michael Stipe's voice. Unforgettable. Each and every one of those gigs.

Snow Patrol – now that R.E.M. have split up, I was looking for a new band I could call ‚mine‘… and I think I found it. Saw them in Munich… much much smaller than the other concerts I had been to, but absolutely amazing. I even touched the singer. Yay.

I also saw 30 Seconds to Mars twice last year… they were great but I think I like them better on CD than live. Too much craziness, I guess.

And September it's COLDPLAY. Can't wait.

Yeah, the tickets were steep.

Aren't R.E.M. releasing a new album this Fall? I think it's a remastered edition of the Document. Could be worth listening. :-)

I'm thinking of going to the Muse concert. I didn't like them much in the beginning since they seemed to be a faint version of Radiohead… but eventually they've got under my skin.

Well, looking forward to going to Muse tonight! Hope the price will be worth it.

Enjoy!

All my apologies to Muse for ever thinking of them as a faint version of Radiohead! :-) These guys know to perform. Cuz it was A show. Brilliant. Breath-taking. Entertaining. Cool. Wow. :-D (thu)

Addendum: Matthew is an excellent singer. I would never have thought anybody could sing live SO WELL. I don't fancy male high-pitched voices much but he's an exception.

Paramore last night = fantastic! The support band – Dutch Uncles – from Manchester (imagine the pronunciation, very Manchester indeed)… what should I say… I wish the singer hadn't sung because the music was brilliant. If I hadn't known he was a guy, I would have thought he's a girl.

Paramore played really super well (staying in front of the left speaker I still can't hear quite well). Hayley is a great singer and a great showman. For Anklebiters she invited like 8 fans on the stage who sang and danced with her, wow! :-) It was simply cool although I missed Careful a bit. But they played Decode and That's What You Get, all Lucerna was dancing and rocking and (sweat) splashing. (thu)

Hi everybody! Are we talking here only about English-singing bands, or is it OK to mention that one of the best “shows” I have been to recently was Xavier Baumaxa and Visací Zámek? :D

Odkaz na příspěvek Příspěvek od Pedros48 vložený před 11 lety

Hi everybody! Are we talking here only about English-singing bands, or is it OK to mention that one of the best “shows” I have been to recently was Xavier Baumaxa and Visací Zámek? :D

I think you can mention anything, not just English or American bands.

I'm going to see 30 Seconds to Mars again… well, I saw them in Prague, then in Vienna… but now they're coming to Hradec, like 30 kilometers away from here. How could I not go?

Lenny Kravitz 2nite, anybody in?

Příspěvky mohou přidávat pouze přihlášení uživatelé. Pokud máte účet můžete se přihlásit.

Příspěvky v diskusi jsou majetkem jejich autorů. Provozovatel webových stránek Help For English za ně nenese zodpovědnost.