Help for English

point at vs. point to

Slovníky (Lingea, Cambridge) prezentují “point at” jako ukázat na něco prstem. V učebnici ChitChat pro malé děti je prezentováno Ukaž na … jako Point to … Je to zde špatně? Děkuji

You can use either in your context. See the answer to the same question here:

A lot of the time you can use either phrase interchangeably: “He pointed to the tree and asked what it was called”. But “pointed at” would also be fine here. However, “point at” can sometimes suggest a more direct, and perhaps aggressive, action. For example: “He pointed at me and laughed out loud”. Or, “If I wear this silly hat people will point at me in the street”. Another difference is that you can “point to” something in speech without actually pointing a finger. For example: “In my report tomorrow I want to point to the improvement in our sales by reading out some statistics”. In this case “point at” is not appropriate. (usingenglish­.com)

Příspěvky mohou přidávat pouze přihlášení uživatelé. Pokud máte účet můžete se přihlásit.

Příspěvky v diskusi jsou majetkem jejich autorů. Provozovatel webových stránek Help For English za ně nenese zodpovědnost.