Help for English

What's your favorite TV series?

That '70s Show, Season 2, 8/10

Whereas the first season was mainly about a group of ordinary people solving their workaday problems as well as enjoying their everyday adventures, the next season pretty changed its focus. Yes, the whole plot was now about sex. However, I have to say that this wasn't why I lowered my rating. The „sex stuff“ was all presented in a funny, non-explicit way, which often made me smile. What really disappointed me was the vague ending. I expected clear conclusion, where the relationships should be clearly sorted out, but what I happened to see was some jumble of nothing that I didn't quite follow. No escalation, no development, even no cliffhangers I usually hate but now I would even do with. To sum it up-great humor, great scenes, but the plot turned out to be very messy and sloppy. That's why just 8/10. However, still well worth watching.

Burn Notice, Season 1, 10/10

Greek, Chapter 2, 8/10

I've started watching Modern Family, which is quite a new sitcom and it's an utterly amazing show. When seeing the pilot episode, several times I just burst out laughing. :) Screamingly funny!

That '70s Show, Season 3, 10/10

Absolutely terrific escalation. An unpredictible round-off. While at the beginning I just kept laughing, enjoying the carefree life of young people, the more the season was about to end, the more twitchy I was getting as the plot was becoming more mature, the carefree stuff turning into real-life matters I could easily identify myself with. Had this show meant a great deal of fun for me before, I gradually started to look deeper in and discover more complex things beyond the seemingly shallow crust, so to speak. Still, it's mainly about fun, however, for those who want to find something more, they will.

Everwood, Season 3, 8/10

Modern Family, Season 1, 10/10

That '70s Show, Season 4, 6/10

This was probably the worst ending of a season I have ever seen. Everything was seemingly heading for a peaceful, logical end when things got so tangled up just in one episode. Compared with the previous seasons, the plot is kind of losing its consistece, however, even though certain things disappoint me quite a lot, it's still one of the funniest shows I have ever seen. So, I guess I can do nothing but keep watching.

I've been watching Kyle XY (sci-fi). It is exciting. One of my favorite TV serie is Scrubs. A funny serie placed in a doctor's surrou­nding :-)

That '70s Show, Season 5, 10/10

Sex and the City, Season 1, 8/10

Greek, Chapter 3, 7/10

To Marek: Could I ask, if Sex and the City (from Amazon has english subtitles?

Yes, it does. My wife and I are watching SEASON 2 now… and believe it or not, there are even CZECH subtitles. Not that I care… but it surprised me.

Bones! :-)

Příspěvky mohou přidávat pouze přihlášení uživatelé. Pokud máte účet můžete se přihlásit.

Příspěvky v diskusi jsou majetkem jejich autorů. Provozovatel webových stránek Help For English za ně nenese zodpovědnost.