Help for English

What's your favorite TV series?

i don't download shows i intend to watch and i don't buy them either. the truth is that i have a couple of good friends who get them for me. how do they do it? that's not my business :-)

Yes guys, you're right. Some films aren't worth a halfpenny. The last film thatI watched was „The Poisoner“ (st. Muriel Robin). I couldn't fall asleep that night.

But now, I can't wait to see the 6th season of House. Long monday evenings are going to be spent.

Now I see that you all write „movie“ instead of „film“ except me. I'm sorry but I see it purely. I'm not gonna use American English.

Ales: Why, you think that American English is dirty, less correct, less sophisticated or what?

AND, 99% of the shows we talk about in this thread are AMERICAN. It's only natural for TV series lovers like myself to use American English, isn't it?

roman298: I've observed that most comments are written at night. Too bad I'm already in a deep slumber :)

Marek:
There's no point in disagreeing with you about the movies and stuff. I can't recall the last moment I saw a movie. I guess the only time I see a movie is in the cinema which is 2–3 times a year.

Ales1603:
Every time I use a „film“ instead of „movie“ I feel like I'm speaking Czech :) What is more, I don't know why you detest American English as well.

Yes, you're right, but it's just so infuriating being unable to doze off these days…At least I can contribute a little with my comments :-)

I must look like one of the „Only-British-English“, but it ain't so. I've got no problem with AmE; but I'd rather speak British English.

roman – that was a cute tricky answer about your English series sources 8-)

yes, it was meant to be like this :-) no one can sue me for such an answer 8-)

roman298 – no one can sue you for downloading movies and tv shows either but it's not very ethic.

mew: i meant it in a jocular way :-)

jocular – a nice word, i have heard that for the first time :-)

So have I :)

It's way too formal. A more appropriate for a discussion like this would be IT WAS A JOKE or I MEANT IT AS A JOKE.

Příspěvky mohou přidávat pouze přihlášení uživatelé. Pokud máte účet můžete se přihlásit.

Příspěvky v diskusi jsou majetkem jejich autorů. Provozovatel webových stránek Help For English za ně nenese zodpovědnost.