Help for English

What's your favorite TV series?

But I hate it when it has to be a main character :)

Hey guys,
just a few days without internet access and there are such a lot of new comments to read… :-) I don't know what I should reply to first.

Tv shows, movies and such are definitely time-consuming activitis but if you watch them in order to learn so I personally think it's ‚well-consumed time‘. Even if you watched them in english without wanting to learn something, it would always be much more useful than watching them in your mother tongue. However, I don't watch more than one episode every day, three at the very most.

With regard to downloading I'm aware of the fact that it's illegal but for the ones who can't just afford to buy DVDs abroad it's the best way of getting the series. The most effective way to download fast and for free is torrent (but it's not always fast, it depends on quantity of people downloading a particular torrent). However, downloading via rapidshare is not less fast, but without premium account is endless…

Sometimes it's pretty much difficult to watch only one episode a day because when the series ends with a cliffhanger it just makes you watch more and more episodes.

It depends on where you download them. Sure, it's illegal via torrent and p2p but it doesn't mean it should be illegal somewhere else, for example rapidshare as you've suggested but let's stick to the TV series only because discussion on whether it's illegal or not would only make a fuss here :)

McKay: Come on, it's okay for me to know that someone gets shot, you don't need to tell me that it's one of the mail characters! Don't you DARE tell me WHICH ONE!!!

Marek: Don't worry…I wouldn't :) You don't have to go ballistic :) Sorry, though.

I quite agree with you. Sometimes it's almost impossible to peel off of the computer and stop watching. I remember when I started watching Glee. It sufficed me to watch just one episode a day, but closer the end was, more interested I was to see other episodes. However, if I spent the whole day watching a series it wouldn't definitely be worthless because I'm sure I'd learn something new which is in my opinion better than watching TV, fooling around outside the house or doing nothing…

And you're right. Dealing with this matter is pointless. We're here to learn english.

NOTE: I'm not sure about a few sentences above whether they're correct or not so I'd like to ask for a piece of advice.

1) Sometimes it's almost impossible to peel off of the computer and stop watching. – je možné tady použít peel off ve smyslu ‚odtrhnout se od počítače‘..?
2) It sufficed me to watch just one episode a day, but closer the end was, more interested I was to see other episodes. – je tato věta správně…? – Stačilo mě shlédnout jeden díl denně, ale čím blíž konci jsem byl, tím víc jsem chtěl vidět další.
3) ..it wouldn't definitely be… – tento slovosled je podle mě správně, ale dalo by se i říci: ..it would definitely not be…?
4)‚fooling around outside the house‘ – je to takto správně? – poflakovat se kolem baráku

Thanks for any answer. I know this should be posted on ‚Help forum‘, but the questions are connected to my comment so posting a new topic is quite unnecessary.

1. It may be correct but I'm not hundred percent sure. In a dictionary I found: „to turn and go away from something quickly“. But who knows if it can be used with the computer.
    1. SUFFICE sounds a little too formal. I would prefer „it was enough for me to watch just one episode a day“ or something like that.
    2. That sounds perfectly ok.

I might not be right so it's worth waiting for an answer given by Marek, Roman…

Chuck, Season 1, 9/10

Very enjoyable.

Told you :) And it's gonna become even more enjoyable :) I just loved the finale of the second season…

Yea, Chuck is one of the best TV series I've watched so far. Did you know that the new Chuck season is less than three weeks away? I hope it will be better than the new Futurama season… I just saw the first half of it and I can't say I enjoyed it :-(

Really? So soon? I'm actually considering watching the fourth season after all of the episodes have come out. I don't really like waiting every week for next episode :)

I may have seen a couple of episodes of Futurama several years ago, found it quite funny but I'm not a huge fan of animated series except South Park :)

Two and a half men, Season 1, 3/24

3/24 ??

3rh episode of 24

I guess you thought it was meant to be a kind of ranking…:-)

Příspěvky mohou přidávat pouze přihlášení uživatelé. Pokud máte účet můžete se přihlásit.

Příspěvky v diskusi jsou majetkem jejich autorů. Provozovatel webových stránek Help For English za ně nenese zodpovědnost.