Help for English

Nejasnosti v textu písně

Zdravím všechny,
dělám transkript textu písně Bite Ya Lip od skupiny Portless. Byl bych moc vděčný tomu, kdo by byl ochotný si píseň poslechnout a vyjádřit se ke dvěma pro mě hluchým místům, které nedokážu přepsat do smysluplné podoby. Respektive nějakou verzi mám, ale moc jí nevěřím.
Dávám sem tedy problematická místa zvýrazněná tučně, první je ze začátku písně a druhé skoro z konce.

I’m sick of waiting
Waiting for a dawn
I’m getting tired
I’m looking for the words
Waiting only means
There’s never any time
Does it hold and fold it
As I’ve looked into your eyes
Get lost inside your lies
It’s a song for the dammed

Forever raining
Looting all the tears
Never faken
It’s not all with the fears
Can never tell you what’s wrong and if you’re right

Jak říkám, v této mé verzi to asi dobře nebude, ale fakt nevím, co by to mohlo být.

Já slyším Just gotta hold and fold it As I looked into your eyes It's a song for the damned

never fakin'

It's not only the fears

Thanks a lot for checking :-). There's another part that follows up with the first part:

I never see you
While you’re in disguise
You never shaken
When we say goodbye

Here I'm not sure if it's “you never shaken” or “you're never shakin”…

How would you actually translate “just gotta hold and fold it”? I've searched it already and there doesn't seem to be any idiom including these words…

Slyším “you're never shaken”. I think “hold and fold” (it's not an idiom, so you won't find it) is just there for the rhyme and the required number of syllables in the line. Since the title of the song is Bite Ya (= your] Lip – kousat se do rtu, I understand “hold and fold it” to mean (loosely) “zachovat v paměti a někam to odložit/schovat, nechat situaci plavat, nereagovat” like when you've finished reading a letter – you fold it (up) and put it away somewhere for safekeeping. Musím však říct, že nejsem si na 100% jist, že říká “hold and fold it”.

Ještě jednou díky, dává to smysl s tím následujícím veršem “As I look into your eyes”. Jakože si musí uchovat v paměti ten okamžik, kdy se jí díval do očí.

Ještě poslední věc k této písni, I promise :-).

I never see you
While you’re in disguise
You're never shaken
When we say goodbye
The fallen angels sound sweetly in your ears
Become awakened
While you close your eyes
While you close your eyes

Is it “awakened” or “awaken”? Hearing those suffixes is such a drag… :-)

“become awakened”, ale zní to dost divně – staň se probuzen/vzbuzen :-? Normálně bych čekal “wake up”. Ovšem už mají “never shaken” a hledají stůj co stůj rým.

Ještě mě napadlo, že chtěný smysl by mohl být “The fallen angels sound sweetly in your ears, [and they – the fallen angels] become awakened while …” Kloním se ale spíš k první verzi (probud'/vzbud' se). Bohužel smysl takového utržkovitého způsobu vyjadřováni nemusí být ani pro rodilého anglicky mluvícího rozumět.

Příspěvky mohou přidávat pouze přihlášení uživatelé. Pokud máte účet můžete se přihlásit.

Příspěvky v diskusi jsou majetkem jejich autorů. Provozovatel webových stránek Help For English za ně nenese zodpovědnost.