Help for English

What's your favorite movie?

It's been a long time since I last saw a movie owing to my addiction to Tv shows.:-) Nevertheles, I recently saw a very interesting review on a movie 127 hours which had been shot according to what had really occurred. Having downloaded the movie, I couldn't wait to watch it and it was worth it. Really loved it.
Being a hard-headed adventurer who likes to risk his own life by not telling the others where he's going to go to experience another breath-taking adventure might be rather dangerous combination. Alan made this mistake which almost cost him his own life, anyway, he had to pay a big price to make it through. After being trapped by a huge stone in a canyon, having almost no water and food left, his real adventure begins…Check out this movie. It's really worth a shot.
By the way, has anyone seen it? If so, share your opinions of it.

Finally I watched Avatar :) It took me three days to do that. Each day I watched one hour of the movie. I think it was worth it.

Lately… The Full Monty 8-)

I have seen the movie called 127 hours recently. To be honest,the movie didn't fulfil my exceptations. I wasn't bored while watching this movie. However, a movie called Into the wild impressed me much more and I couldn't get it from my mind for a long time. It is based on a true story as well…

The Social Network and its music – absolutely perfect…

I´d like to see the movie „127 hours“ as soon as I´v got a chance, though the story must be very touching. It reminds me another film „Touching the Void“ based also on a true story and the book written by JOe Simpson, British mountaineer. I read the book years ago and would recommend it to all who like that genre.

In my opinion, 127 hours is definitely worth seeing. The end of the movie is magnificent.

„Maybe Baby“ – a comedy – Tom Hollander is wonderful there!

a beautiful mind

The best movie ever: The Princess Bride

:-)
Good evening, If you don't like movies witch action and little bit of fantasy this comment isn't for you…

What is my favorite movie? I like a lot of movies that have piece of everything. Such as action, drama, little bit of comedy, etc… My the most favorite movie that I've ever seen is The Dark Knight. You may know it. It's such an amazing movie which won an award in Globe Awards. The story line tells about a man who is a billioner wearing a dark suit which looks like a bat. He goes out to fight with criminals every night. He has a friend of his own. Her name is Rachel and they have known each other since their childhood. In fact they are only friends. There's another character called Harvey Dent. He is Rachel's boyfriend. His goal is to clean Gotham City from criminal and corruption. Commissioner Jim Gordon (a very close Batman's friend) helps Harvey Dent witch this work. What would the movie look without a villain?

The Joker is coming on the scene. He wears purple coat with lots of explosives and knives in it. He is smiling all the time. He wants to kill the Batman but he wouldn't succeed. Everything ends with a glorious and dramatic death of Dent and the police is chasing the Batman for the acts that were made by Dent but he doesn't want to ruin his reputation. So he took over his sins.
That's the end. I hope you will watch this movie… if you haven't seen it yet. You must see it!

I have a question for Marek Vitek about grammar.
When somebody say „She's gone“ it means that the person is not here? Is there a present perfect in the sentence? She has gone?
I can't still understand it… thank you very much

kamigava: I'll try to answer your question the way you could comprehend it.

She's gone. = She has left. She's not here NOW . Present perfect is necessary in this sentence. The meaning of the sentence refers to the present. However, in american english both present perfect and past simple could be used.

Past simple: She went out a while ago.
She went to the hospital yesterday.
She went for a walk a few minutes ago.

Past simple is usually connect with time – WHEN it happened.

This article might help:
http://www.helpforenglish.cz/…mny-cas.html

How to train your dragon – 8/10

11/10

In future, when people think about our days, they will say that there was an age before Avatar and after. It's just one big milestone :).

Blac Swan – wow.
127 hours – 10/10.
Buried – recommended – 10/10.
Avatar – sorry, but the story sucks :) nice CGI though. :-)

Příspěvky mohou přidávat pouze přihlášení uživatelé. Pokud máte účet můžete se přihlásit.

Příspěvky v diskusi jsou majetkem jejich autorů. Provozovatel webových stránek Help For English za ně nenese zodpovědnost.