Help for English

něco na mě leze

Jak by se prosím vyjádřilo, že na mě něco leze.(chřipka např) děkuji

I'm going down with (the) flu.

go down with sth = onemocnět (něčím)

V britské neformální angličtině se vazba go down with/ˌgəʊ ‘daʊn wɪð/ objevuje v souvislosti s nemocemi, tedy když někdo nějakou nemoc chytne a ta nemoc ho 'skolí’, člověk kvůli ní musí ulehnout, apod.

He couldn't go to work because he went down with a bug.

Sadly, he went down with pneumonia and died within a week. (HFE)

Pokud cítím, že na mě něco leze, vezmu si Vitamín C a je po problému (drvitamin)

If/when I feel (that) I'm going down with something, I take Vitamin C and the problem's [= problem is] gone.

Případně i „come down with“.

Možno by šlo aj :

I feel under the weather.

If I feel under the weather (necítit se dobře, nebýt ve své kůži, cítit se pod psa, cítit se mizerně) it certainly means that I don't feel as well as usual, but it doesn't imply that I think I may have caught something infectious/con­tagious. I could have eaten too much, or drunk too much alcohol, or I could be short of sleep, or have a headache, or I could be recovering from something infectious but not yet fully recovered, or I could have earache or nausea.

• I'm going/coming down with (the) flu, a cold etc. [you can catch these]
  • I'm going/coming down with a headache,nause­a,exhaustion . [you can't catch these]

Příspěvky mohou přidávat pouze přihlášení uživatelé. Pokud máte účet můžete se přihlásit.

Příspěvky v diskusi jsou majetkem jejich autorů. Provozovatel webových stránek Help For English za ně nenese zodpovědnost.