For girls and mothers

..emotionally

Chocolatka: I found only one mistake : jealous

If he was good… I would persist
If he had been … I would have persisted

Fife,
I thought about it.. If he…
If he had been – chápu jako kdyby byl býval,
..I would normally use it but I think it should be connected with the situation in the past. For example – If he had been happy.. It means that he wasn't happy before but now he might be happy.
But my son is not good at music, it's permanent. So I'm not sure if I can use the 3rd conditional..
Are you sure it's used for similar situation? I would like to know.

:shock:
moved
- MacMillan: to affect someone emotionally, especially by making them feel sad and serious
- oxford: to cause somebody to have strong feelings, especially of sympathy or sadness

So, I am always moved by joy and pleasure…

Thank you, without you I live in darkness :-) I thought I knew this word well therefore I didn´t looked up it :oops:

Happy International Women's Day! :-)

Seqwence,
thank you :-D !
That's really nice. 8-)

That is nice, thanks seqwence! :-)

Good morning girls, I read what you have written and I hope I'll find time to respond as well.

seqwence:-)

One song at the topic discused :-) http://www.youtube.com/watch?…

jarmi1, it is just a feeling, but I am not sure, that in this:
„without you I live in darkness“

would be, could be should be
:?: :shock: :-)
„without you I would live in darkness“

I just looked up the Carpenters.

I totally forgot about The Beautiful South, my boss in UK loved this band.

Fife, you are right – it wasn´t fact, it was overstatement. Thank you for notice. :-)

Funny: I often write: „write“ instead of „right“ :shock:

A little bit of vowel training :-http://www.btin­ternet.com/~ep­totd/vm/vowel­machine/vowel­machine.htm

wishes: I want to learn one other language besides English. I learned French, Spanish and German at school and university…, but I like Russian. I believe that I'm able to do it at least at communicator level.

Fife, What about you or your child/children and learning to play a musical instrument?

My children are too small, but I have problems to teach them English regularly already. I'm not consistent enough. But I should with basic things as a parent, I missed it when I was young.

Fife, Yesterday I was practicing word formation.
Have you any link?

janaV: I have my own saying: „I need a holiday from the Maternity leave“ (in czech it's better – Potřebuju dovolenou z dovolené.

Chocolatka: son's piano story – I understand you so much. My son started playing football, but the management of transporting the group of four from Kindergarten, to football pitch, leaving the footballer there, run back to the town, leave ballet girl at Art School, run with other two back to the football pitch, pick up the boy, go back to the Art School… nonsense. Luckily, he didn't like it and I have decided that they will not have any free time activities unless they are able to go there by themselves. Well, girls have their dancing lessons, but the oldest one sometimes goes by herself. They still have lot of time to do it in future, but you know, how big is the pressure when all other children have five leisure time activities (bees?).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?…

Good night :-)

Cifka: I tried to do tests on HFE, but I found, that I had to read something more about it, because I had forgotten many words. Today I have used „hledej“ and přípony and it was much easier, but I am still not good at it. I have had not enough time.
It is too late now and we have had problems with very slow internet connection this evening, but, well…
Musical instruments – Part 1
My eldest daughter wanted to play the piano when she was small. You know, I think that almost each child wants to play the piano. Many little girls and boys visited us and usually they wanted to play and they wanted to have their own pianos…but
My daughter is good at math, good at languages and this activity was something alse. She had to practise and practise and the result (effect?) was not immediately good. Guess what happened?
:?: :?:?:

Good night :-)

Příspěvky mohou přidávat pouze přihlášení uživatelé. Pokud máte účet můžete se přihlásit.

Příspěvky v diskusi jsou majetkem jejich autorů. Provozovatel webových stránek Help For English za ně nenese zodpovědnost.